A couple of weeks ago something BIG happened at PINK DOOR DESIGNS! The local ASID chapter here in San Antonio TX had its first annual Pinnacle of Design Awards, and I submitted two rooms for review and I won 2nd in a couple of categories. I am very proud to say that Pink Door Designs is an Award Winning Design Firm, WOW! In addition, I have been featured on couple local network stations doing demos on this dazzling wall treatment and talking design.
I have come a long way in the three and half years that I have been out of design school. Honestly, it’s been much longer than that because the journey to get this point has been long and full of ups and down’s. I feel that I’m just getting started so, I can’t wait to see what the future has in store! I’m an artist at heart, and I love what I do. I try to live bold and in color so don’t put me in a beige box unless it has texture and pattern that comes with it. Tone on tone of course.
I love color and the way it can transform any space not just in our home, but in our lives. It even has the power to catapult your career into doing something bigger than you ever thought possible! So don’t be afraid to put up that vibrate shade of red, teal, striped or herringbone walls. DO what you LOVE all you need is imagination And elbow grease.
Me on set with Fiona Gorostiza at the SA Live show
Moreover, this is an encore posting of my “Dazzling Wall Treatment” along with others inspiring wall treatments that I find particularly amazing. If you have the dare to be bold spirit like I do then, I want you to go for it and have fun.
1. Geometric Color Blocking-This one is near and dear to my heart because my girlfriend Ashley Barret of Ashley Barret Designs and classmate created this one in her guest bedroom!
Found this one on Pinterest
2. Fabric Covers Walls: I have been doing this for years due many military moves and unable to paint in rental situations. Some people apply using liquid starch, but that seems like a huge mess to me. I simply use upholstery tacks, tuck and fold corners, edges as needed it looks and stays up famously. When we need to pack up and go I can take it with me and use it again or for another project. People are shocked when I tell them its fabric and they all want to touch it. They always ask about cleaning and it’s never been an issue. I even have my guest powder bath done this way.
3. Stripe it Up! I’m in LOVE with this black and white combination but this is always an easy and classic timeless way to go. Horizontal, vertical, wide or thin they look great.
4. Pattern Play: Find a pattern pick it all day long you’ll have good luck! Just joking, that’s for a penny but you get my drift 😉
5. Material World: Installing other materials such as wood, metal, tile or any other item you can think to adhere to a wall can always be an interesting way to go. A good color and a large collection would work here just the same.
This one is done by Natalie Fuglestveit Interior Designs is a perfect example of how to display a beloved collection . I love all the texture and the way the color’s work from the wall to the sofa.